UNIVERSITY OF NEWCASTLE
SCHOOL OF DESIGN, ARCHITECTURE
QS World University Rankings by Subject 2019
ARCHITECTURE & BUILD ENVIRONMENT
- Be mentored by 6 AIA gold-medal winning professors in practice who will teach you to push the boundaries of architecture and design.
- Join a supportive student community and inhabit your own space in our 24-hour access studios.
- University of Newcastle practical training philosophy ensures our architecture graduates are work-ready – 87% of our architecture students were employed within four months of graduating.
- Studio-based learning – Practical, Problem Based Learning. (No EXAM)
- Learn from industry leaders – be mentored by six AIA gold-medal winning professors in practice who will teach you to push the boundaries.
- 24-hour studio access – join a supportive student community and inhabit your own space in some of Australia’s finest 24-hour access architecture studios.
- Be recognised internationally – our School of Architecture and Built Environment is in the top 100 in the world, according to the QS World University Rankings by Subject list (2019).
- Work Placement – 16 Weeks
DESIGN & CREATIVITY
- Our visual communication design graduates get jobs with 86% securing employment within four months of graduating.
- Gain professional experience through integrated placements and various opportunities to showcase your design skills, giving you a competitive edge in the job market.
- Graduate with an impressive professional portfolio of your work showcasing a wide range of design techniques to potential employers.
- Strong industry connections: engage with international designers and educators renowned for graphic design, advertising, animation, illustration and web design. Perfect your skills on-campus in our state-of-the-art creative facilities.
- TOP 300: in the world for Communication (Global Ranking of Academic Subjects: Shanghai Rankings 2018).
- Creative collaboration: from 2020 get more out of your degree with the opportunity to combine two majors from within the School of Creative Industries & graduate at the forefront of the creative industries with in-demand creative skills across multiple core disciplines.
- Strong employment growth with creative job numbers increasing by 40% more than Australia’s working population each year. Locally, NSW is home to 40% of Australia’s creative industries workforce and 57% of Australia’s creative industries services exports.
- In-demand graduates prepared for careers of the future with highly adaptable skills and the ability to translate creativity into commercial success.
- Innovate and break the mould: Set yourself up for more than one career through interdisciplinary collaboration across eight diverse areas of study.
- Strong industry experience: Enrich your learning through hands-on study, interdisciplinary collaboration and solid industry experience.
- Study what inspires you, maximise your job opportunities and develop your creative interest across a range of study areas and courses.
- Cutting Edge Facilities: our Creative Industries students study in cutting-edge facilities across a range of specialist venues
|SCHOLARSHIP||AMOUNT (TOTAL VALUE)|
|Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment (FEBE) International UG Scholarship||A$5000 per annum|
|FEBE International Architecture and Built Environment PG Coursework Scholarship||A$4000 – A$12,000|
|FEBE International Engineering & Technology PG Coursework Scholarship||A$4000 – A$12,000|
|MBA (Global) International Scholarship||25% of tuition fee|
|Newcastle International College (NIC) Malaysian Scholarship||Up to A$5,500|
Speak with our experts
To get in touch with our expert team, simply leave your details below and we’ll call you for a FREE consultation.
"Miss Tan Mei Pei was a tremendous help in my application to the university as well as for an australian visa. She was very patient and provided detailed guidance which made the process very smooth. Very grateful for everything & would recommend her services to anyone looking to study in Australia"
"The staff (Ms Tan) of AECC Global who guided me is very helpful and efficient. There is no delay in anything or any inconvenience. Her work was all up to date. AECC Global is a very good choice if you are considering studies abroad."
"I applied for multiple universities alone, and only required the help of AECC when applying to Deakin University. Honestly I wish I'd have found them earlier and got their assistance for my other applications. My representative - Mun Yeu, was super helpful and quick to respond. 12/10 would recommend anyone."