FOUNDATION, DIPLOMA, INTERNATIONAL YEAR 1 ABROAD
- Typical standard foundation: 2 semesters long, about 1 year.
- Intensive foundation: Shorter duration. Mostly for students with exceptional good grades.
- Extended foundation: Slightly longer than standard foundation course. For students who require additional time and support to cope and adjust to the Australian curriculum.
Students who have completed SPM, O level or an equivalent qualification would usually complete a 1-year standard foundation program. If requirement met, they will be guaranteed a progression to their desired bachelor’s degree at the affiliated University.
For those who do not meet the entry requirements, they have the option of doing the fast-track foundation course as an alternative entry into the university of their choice. It is a shorter version of the normal standard foundation (about 6 to 8 months of studies).
Students who have not received their actual results may use their preliminary or predicated results to apply.
- Class sizes are usually smaller (between 20 to 45 students),
- The schools tend to accept students with slightly lower academic results.
Both programmes are for:
- Year 12 students (STPM, UEC, A-level, IB Diploma or equivalent) who do not meet the entry requirement of their choice University
- They progress directly into the second year of their undergraduate degree upon completion of either programmes and meeting the required passing grades.
- Save 1 year of studies as compared to a foundation program.
PS: Not all universities have such an affiliated pathway. Check with AECC Global Counsellors on those schools that provides such a pathway.
FAST-TRACK PROGRAMME DIAGRAM
BENEFITS OF STUDYING FOUNDATION,
DIPLOMA OR INTERNATIONAL YEAR 1 PROGRAMME
Graduate to university year one in just a year
Guaranteed admission to the university of your choice
Prepares you for university life
Helps you to adapt to the academic environment and life in the country you are studying in, ensuring you are prepared for university studies.
Small classes and individual attention
This means you have more time to develop the understanding of your subject than you would get in a traditional University setting.
FOUNDATION, DIPLOMA & INTERNATIONAL YEAR 1
AUTHORISED EDUCATION PATHWAY PROVIDERS
- Australian National University
- University of New South Wales (UNSW)
- The University of Adelaide
- University of Western Australia
- Monash University
- Curtin University
- Macquarie University
- University of Queensland
- University of Technology Sydney
- RMIT University
- UNSW Global
- UYSD Preparation Programme
- Taylors College | University of Western Australia
- IES Foundation Year (University of Queensland)
- Canning College
- Eynesbury College
Speak with our experts
To get in touch with our expert team, simply leave your details below and we’ll call you for a FREE consultation.
"Miss Tan Mei Pei was a tremendous help in my application to the university as well as for an australian visa. She was very patient and provided detailed guidance which made the process very smooth. Very grateful for everything & would recommend her services to anyone looking to study in Australia"
"The staff (Ms Tan) of AECC Global who guided me is very helpful and efficient. There is no delay in anything or any inconvenience. Her work was all up to date. AECC Global is a very good choice if you are considering studies abroad."
"I applied for multiple universities alone, and only required the help of AECC when applying to Deakin University. Honestly I wish I'd have found them earlier and got their assistance for my other applications. My representative - Mun Yeu, was super helpful and quick to respond. 12/10 would recommend anyone."